Thursday 5 March 2009

Preliminary Film..3

The next lesson was based in the MAC editing room where we began the next task of editing. We started viewing all the sections we had previously separated and decided how they could fall into a consequential order. Finding the correct clips wasn't difficult as they were all titled. As we proceeded with the task of putting the clips together, decisions were made to make clips shorter or/and longer. As the finished product began to emerge, we felt that something was missing. A soundtrack. I asked Mickey, the teacher, to show me how to bluetooth a song from my phone to the MAC. 

After he transferred the song, we decided carefully where to place the song in the finished film. We put it in the bit of the film where Nathan walks into my 'office'. The effect of the song was, that the dialogue was drowned out so that viewers would wonder what was being said. This creates confusion and interest because near the end of the film, I stand up and walk around the room with my hood on, making it seem as if something violent is about to happen. 

No comments: